Model of Care
Integrated Care Management
AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus' (Medicare-Medicaid Plan) Model of Care is an Integrated Care Management Approach to health care delivery and coordination for dual-eligible (Medicare and Medicaid) individuals.
The Model of Care is a program that involves multiple disciplines coming together to provide input and expertise for a member's individualized plan of care. This plan is designed to maintain the member's health and encourage members' involvement in their health care.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires providers who care for our beneficiaries to annually participate in and attest to completing our Model of Care training. Annual Model of Care training is also an AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus contractual requirement for all participating providers. This required training can be accessed in any of the following ways:
- An online interactive Model of Care training module
- Providers may contact their Account Executive for on-site Model of Care training or attend a local provider training.
- Receive or request printed Model of Care training materials from Provider Services at 1-888-667-0318 or call your AmeriHealth Caritas VIP Care Plus Account Executive:
- Wayne County: Havard Cole, 248-663-7457
- Macomb County: Pat Embry, 248-663-7341
- Washtenaw County: Alisha Hicks, 248-663-7468
- All other counties: Pat Embry, 248-663-7341
- Providers may find information on the Model of Care and the annual training requirement in the Provider Manual.